This item ships for FREE with 2-Day Shipping on orders over $50. (Details)
Want it delivered on Wednesday, December 11? Order in-stock items in the next 8 hours 29 minutes and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
Package Size: 13.3 x 9.7 x 9.5 inches
Royal Purple’s XPR (Extreme Performance Racing) is specifically formulated for the demands of multi-platform racing environments. XPR is popular in a variety of motorsports including NASCAR, NHRA, World of Outlaws, and Bonneville Salt Flats.
XPR combines the highest quality of synthetic base oil with Royal Purple’s proprietary Synerlec additive technology. Combined with additional performance enhancers to create a lubricant that maximizes horsepower and torque, while providing the highest level of protection against heat and wear. XPR provides more protection than leading synthetics and conventional lubricants including those combined with aftermarket additives.
Professional engine builders and race teams cite increased horsepower and longer engine life with the use of Royal Purple, that gains its performance advantages from Royal Purple’s proprietary Synerlec additive technology.
- Performance Driven--Formulated with Synerlec and Royal Purple’s advanced performance enhancers to maximize horsepower and torque.
- Unsurpassed Wear Protection--XPR provides the highest level of film strength and oxidation stability for unsurpassed protection against heat and wear, that’s caused by metal-to-metal contact.
- High Temperature Service Capability--Excellent protection for a broad range of operating temperatures in the most demanding applications.
- Demulsification--Separate rapidly from water as well as exotic fuels, such as methanol, which are typically detrimental to lubricants.
- Superior Corrosion Protection--No rust observed in standard industry testing.
- XPR 3.1 0W-5 is Royal Purple's lowest viscosity engine oil designed for the most competitive classes such as Pro Stock, Pro Stock Bike, Comp Eliminator and NASCAR Cup (qualifying). The ultra low viscosity provides the most horsepower possible by keeping parasitic losses to an absolute minimum while providing unparalleled protection.
- XPR 0W-10 is an ultra-light viscosity motor oil formulated for gasoline engines used in drag racing, motorcycle sprint racing, etc.
- XPR 5W-20 is a light viscosity motor oil formulated to withstand exotic fuels such as alcohol, methanol and nitrous oxide (NO2). Excellent for drag racing.
- XPR 5W-30 works well in a variety of applications from oval track late models to bracket racing. It is extremely versatile and produces excellent horsepower while preventing wear.
- XPR 10W-40 is designed for marine, oval track and endurance car racing. Capable of withstanding long intervals of extreme heat, it works especially well with alcohol and methanol. It is extremely popular in sprint cars, late models and World of Outlaws racing.
- XPR 20W-50 is formulated for running extended periods under extreme pressure and heat. It is used in oval track, marine and drag racing and is very popular in sprint cars, late models, truck pullers and bracket racing.
Synerlec, Royal Purple’s proprietary, additive lubricant technology, is the cornerstone of RP’s entire product line. It creates an ionic bond that adheres to metal parts to provide continuous protection even at start-up and strengthens the oil to provide unparalleled performance and protection.
Royal Purple’s high film strength prevents contact between metal parts reducing friction and heat thereby transferring more power to the drive wheels while maximizing the lubricant service life. As well, Synerlec amplifies the already-exceptional oxidation resistance of the synthetic base oils.
Royal Purple remains on the metal surface long after ordinary lubricants would have been squeezed out by pressure and heat. It actually improves mating surfaces by responding to increased pressure with increased viscosity until the metal peaks (asperities) undergo deformation and flow into the low spots. Over time, the metal surface becomes extremely smooth and can even develop a mirror-like surface.
Yes. Royal Purple’s XPR racing oils are fully formulated engine oils with complete additive packages needed for long-term use. XPR’s ultra-light viscosities, XPR 3.1 and XPR 0W-10, are typically only suitable for dedicated competition engines that are built to use low viscosity engine oils. Non-ultra light viscosities, XPR 5W-20, XPR 5W-30, XPR 10W-40 and XPR 20W-50, may be used in street driven and daily driver applications, street and track duty vehicles, and dedicated competition applications with gasoline or exotic fuels. Please note: Royal Purple’s XPR racing oils do not conform to API and/or ILSAC licensing requirements and should not be used when manufacturers’ warranties are an issue.
Royal Purple has several options for racers. RP HPS engine oils are formulated to outperform many of the “racing” oils on the market, but Royal Purple’s XPR racing oils redefine the category. Royal Purple XPR offers an even greater performance increase than its SAE engine oils. With that said, the following are some guidelines to determine which products to use. As a point of reference, Royal Purple recommends using a racing oil that is closest in viscosity to the oil the race car is currently using (e.g. a racer using a conventional or synthetic 20W-50 racing oil would be safe using either Royal Purple’s HPS 20W-50 motor oil or upgrading to Royal Purple’s XPR 20W-50). The tolerances to which the motor was built can play a role in an oil recommendation. Looser specs (e.g. greater than .003?) might require heavier weight oil than a motor built to tighter specs (e.g. .002?) to maintain idle oil pressure. Keep in mind that it is much easier to be conservative and use heavier weight viscosity oils and then go lighter when experience and comfort level dictate.
Royal Purple’s lubricants can be used with exotic fuels. For the best protection, Royal Purple has formulated its XPR 5W-20 and XPR 10W-40 specifically with this in mind. These two oils are formulated to combat fuel emulsification to hold up even better than Royal Purple’s other racing oils in alcohol and methanol applications.
You may use Royal Purple HPS or XPR engine oils on newly coated bearings without needing a mineral oil break-in period.
In most instances, vehicles with properly functioning cooling systems can reduce oil temperatures by 5-20°F by using Royal Purple.
Royal Purple Extreme Performance Racing oil is extremely popular in all forms of motorsports, from NASCAR and NHRA to the World of Outlaws and the Bonneville Salt Flats. Professional engine builders and race teams have found increased horsepower and engine life by using Royal Purple extreme performance racing oil. Available in many grades for every type of racing. It contains Synerlec technology.
How can we improve our Product Description?
There are no customer reviews yet.Be the first to review this item