- Alloy steel is steel that has been alloyed with
other materials to improve overall physical properties, such as strength,
hardness, toughness, and wear resistance.
- Aluminum resists corrosion and tarnishing,
and is lightweight.
- Cast iron has high strength and shock resistance,
is long-wearing and non-malleable, and can withstand high temperatures. It is
brittle and not corrosion resistant.
- Nylon is very strong and flexible, has excellent
abrasion resistance, is lightweight, and resists crushing and cracking.
- Steel is a good general purpose material. Steel
has better weldability and increased rust resistance over wrought iron.