What Availability Estimates Mean
The availability estimate listed on each product detail page tells you if we have the item you wish to order in one of our fulfillment centers and how many units are available. If the item is not in stock, the availability estimate tells you how long we think it will take to receive the item from our suppliers.
Orders for Multiple Items
Ordering multiple units of the same item? Please be aware that our availability estimates are intended for single-unit orders only. Here are some things to consider that may impact when your order ships:
- Multiple units of the same item may not be available.
- Orders for multiple units of a single item could ship from different locations in separate shipments because we spread our inventory across our network.
- Larger orders take longer to prepare and ship.
When Inventory is Reserved for Your Order
Inventory is only reserved for your order after you click the Place Order button and receive e-mail confirmation that we've received your order. Placing an item in your shopping cart does not reserve inventory of that item for you.
Popular items sell out quickly. It is possible for you to see a message that an item is available on the product detail page, but discover it is sold out by the time you place your order.
When In-Stock Items are Shipped
If an item is in stock, when it ships to you depends on which shipping options you've chosen and how many items are on the order. Here are some specifics:
- I want it to ship on the same day ordered: Some items have a Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery option available. These items will ship soon after you order them if you meet the ordering deadline. Otherwise, they'll ship the next business day. To make sure the item you're buying is eligible, look for the "Want it delivered . . ." message that displays a delivery date and method.
- I want it to ship within 24 to 48 hours: Most orders for in-stock items shipping via Standard Shipping will leave our fulfillment centers within this time frame.
- I'd like my order to ship soon, but want fewer shipments: If you choose the Shipping Preference "Group my items into as few shipments as possible," in-stock items on your order may be delayed in shipping while we wait for other items to become available. If you want in-stock items on multiple-item orders to ship sooner, you can change your Shipping Preference or delete not-in-stock items from the order in Your Account.
Availability Estimate Definitions
Here's a list of availability estimates you may see while shopping on AmazonSupply.com. These estimates apply only to items sold and shipped by AmazonSupply.com. If the availability of an item changes after you place your order, we'll send you an e-mail.
- In Stock: The item is on hand in at least one fulfillment center, and we expect to be able to prepare this item for shipment within a few hours to a few days (depending on the shipping option you choose). In-stock items often enter the shipping process immediately, so it is difficult to change an order containing in-stock items. When ordering such items, please double-check the details of your order before submitting it.
- Usually ships in 2-3 days: We expect to receive the item from a nearby distributor within 2 to 3 days of your order.
- Usually ships in 1-2 weeks: We expect to receive the item from a distributor within 1 to 2 weeks of your order.